LPI provides engineering consultancy and design services including oil & gas, processing plants, aviation, telecommunications, mining, defence, power utilities, renewable energy and transport.
LPI’s engineering expertise is broad, with our combined experience spanning decades, servicing clients throughout the world in some of the most lightning-prone regions.
Typical services include:
- Direct strike lightning protection designs carried out in compliance with international standards.
- Quantitative lightning strike modelling to determine hazards to assets and personnel.
- Specialised lightning risk studies for personnel safety on major work sites.
- Lightning forensic studies and expert testimony services.
- Site evaluation, surveys and audits, troubleshooting and commission testing.
- Gap analysis and recommendations for transient and surge protection for power, communication and signalling circuits as well as direct strike and earthing and grounding.
- Soil resistivity measurements, interpretation and modelling, including multi-layer and complex soil structures.
- Earthing design and analysis for power systems and lightning protection
We provide earthing and grounding system design and analysis to national and international standards, including personnel safety analysis (deterministic and quantitative risk-based) for power systems and specialised designs for lightning transients.
Our other earthing services include:
- Earthing system measurements using current injection test techniques.
- Computation of fault current distribution in power system networks.
- Interference studies, including EMC analysis and mitigation for pipelines, telecommunication cables and railways.
- Use of state-of-the-art CDEGS software for all designs, modelling and computations.
- Lightning seminars / presentations and safety education / policies.
- Customised designs to suit individual project requirements.
- Design reviews and drawing / drafting capabilities utilising AutoCAD software.
LPI offers design optimisation to achieve electrical safety for personnel and equipment (EPR, step and touch voltages) in compliance with national and international standards.